I.CONTRACTS1.Explain the engineering contracts along with their advantages and Disadvantages Item rate contract and Percentage rate contract
2.Explain tender notice and tender documents
3.Discuss different categories of contract in detail and differentiate them with respect to their important characteristics.
4. What is contract document and mention the documents to be attached to the contract agreement?
5. Define the terms : Conditions of contract and Arbitration
6. Explain the Item rate contract and percentage rate contract along with their advantages and disadvantages
7. Distinguish between lump sum contract and item rate contract
8. Explain the B.O.O.T. mode of Project development.
9. State the purpose of penalties in contract agreements?
10.What is EMD and when it is forfeited?
11. Differentiate between administrative approval and technical sanction.
1. What are the different types of valuations? Explain in detail.
2. Explain the different methods of depreciation.
3. What is Sinking Fund ?
4. Differentiate Scrape Value and Salvage Value
5. What are the principles of valuation?
6. What are the factors effecting the value of the property?
III. SPECIFICATIONS OF BUILDING WORKS
1 Write the detailed specifications for damp proof course (2.5cmthick) C.C 1:1.5:3
2.Write the specifications for marble flooring in a residential building.
3. Write the specifications for marble flooring in a residential building.
4. Write the specifications for 1st class brickwork in 1:6 CM for super structure for Ground Floor.
5. Give standard specifications for the items in the construction of class ‘A’ residential building:
a) Footing and plinth. b) Super structure. c) Roofs. d) Plastering
6. Give standard specifications for the items in the construction of class ‘A’ residential building:
a) Earthwork Excavation b) cement concrete. c) Masonry work.
7. Explain the general specification for First, Second and Third class buildings.
8. Write detailed specifications for cement concrete (1:4:8) and stone masonry in C.M. 1:6.